There are other things that need to be cleaned in a house besides the floors, windows and dishes. Nasty germs and bacteria can hide all over your home.
Below, we cover things you should be cleaning in your home that many people forget:
- Dishwasher: While dishwashers see a lot of soap and water, it’s important to give them a thorough cleaning at least once a month. Over a month’s time, food particles can gather in a dishwasher’s drains and strainers. This can result in clogs, bad smells and dirty dishes. To clean your dishwasher, simply scrub the inside with baking soda and cover the inside with white vinegar before running a cycle.
- Showerhead: It’s the showerhead’s job to clean your body, so you don’t want it caked in gunk and bacteria. Avoid this by scrubbing your shower head with a toothbrush and mild soap from time to time. Also, if you have a plastic showerhead, consider changing it out for a metal one. Plastic showerheads tend to collect more bacteria than metal ones.
- Toothbrush holder: Many people help keep their bathroom counters neat and organized by using a toothbrush holder. While not many people realize, toothbrush holders are one of the things you should be cleaning in your home, as they often collect harmful bacteria. You can routinely spray your toothbrush holder with a disinfectant or simply wash it with soap and water.
- Vacuum: The vacuum has an important job when it comes to cleaning a home. It collects loose dirt, crumbs, hair and much more. Since this device sees so much use, it’s important to routinely wash or replace the filters and check for blockages.
- Hairbrush: When thinking about things that need to be cleaned in a house, most people don’t consider their hairbrushes; however, it’s best to remove excess hair and thoroughly shampoo your hairbrushes monthly. Let the hairbrush sit out overnight before using it again.
- Pet dishes: You don’t want your pet drinking water filled with bacteria, which is why you should routinely clean your pet’s dishes with soap and water. You could even wash their dishes in the dishwasher. E. coli, listeria, salmonella and MRSA can all develop in your pet’s bowl if you don’t routinely wash it.
- Kitchen sponge: Kitchen sponges collect a lot of bacteria over time. Thankfully, you can easily disinfect your sponges by soaking them in water and then microwaving them for around two minutes.
Contact professionals when you need to
Now that you know a few more of the many things that need to be cleaned in a house, get started right away. If you don’t want to spend hours each week cleaning your entire home, consider hiring a professional cleaning service. A professional cleaning service will use top-quality cleaning materials to make your home completely spotless.
If you’re in need of top-quality cleaning services at fair prices, contact the experts at Supreme Cleaning Services. We have years of experience and offer our professional cleaning services to both residential and commercial locations.
Categorised in: Professional home cleaning