If someone in your household has been sick, it’s important to use the proper home cleaning techniques in Walla Walla County, WA to clear away the germs once the sickness is over. Use the following steps for sickness cleaning to make your home germ-free after an illness.
If someone in your home has been ill, it will take more than just water to wash away the germs. Be sure to gather some disinfectant. Look for a product that both cleans and kills the germs.
If you are unable to purchase store-bought disinfectant cleaners, you can make your own with bleach. Mix two tablespoons of bleach with four cups of water. The bleach should have a chlorine content of between five and six percent. If the bleach is not strong enough, it will not disinfect. Also keep in mind that this solution loses its potency over time as it is exposed to the air, so don’t keep it overnight to reuse day after day.
If you are using a store-bought cleaner, be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Some products must remain on surfaces for several minutes to be effective. If you are using a homemade cleaning solution, use a spray bottle, paper towel or other clean cloth to apply your solution to the surfaces in your home. Leave it on each surface for three minutes, then rinse the surface with clean water.
Do not use sponges for this type of cleaning, as these can absorb bacteria and spread germs rather than remove them. Use disposable towels or cloths that can be washed in hot water after each use. Dip cotton swabs or Q-tips in your solution to clean detailed items such as keyboards and remote controls.
Be sure to clean all the surfaces that the sick person touched, as well as any other frequently-touched surfaces in the home. Don’t forget toys, door knobs, faucet handles and phones.
Clean all rooms
After you’ve disinfected the major and detailed surfaces that may have come into contact with germs, do a complete cleaning of each room of the home:
- Bedrooms: Wash all sheets that were used by the sick person in hot water to kill the germs. If a child was sick and sought comfort from a favorite stuffed animal, be sure to wash that as well.
- Bathrooms: For sickness cleaning in Walla Walla County, WA, go beyond the normal cleaning process in the bathroom. Clean all light switches, trash cans, handles and any toiletries that were handled while the person was sick.
- Living areas: As mentioned, be sure to disinfect frequently-touched surfaces. You may also need to clean upholstery and pillows to remove germs.
- Kitchen: Wash utensils and other dishes on high heat to kill germs after sickness.
- Cars: Don’t forget to disinfect car surfaces, including key fobs, after an illness has been in the household.
Get more tips
For the best cleaning solutions, contact the experts at Supreme Cleaning Services. We are your go-to source for home cleaning techniques in Walla Walla County, WA. Reach out us today at 509-386-2040.
Categorised in: Professional home cleaning